Linden Bridge is a special school for children aged 4-19 years with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the Catering Team as Assistant Cook in our busy school kitchen.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To act-up in the absence of the cook.
- To assist the cook in the preparation and cooking of meals.
- To assist the cook in maintaining high standards of food hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen in accordance with HSS domestic and catering standards.
- To contribute to a working environment which supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous catering experience and knowledge of food preparation
- Have a basic or intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- Have the ability to carry out manual handling duties
- Have a sound knowledge of safe working practices
- Observe good personal hygiene
- Be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Be a team player
- Be organised and have a flexible approach
This position is for 25 hours per week (9am-2pm), 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: Surrey Pay 4 £9,803-£11,682 pro rata (FTE £16,571-£19,386)
Closing date for applications: 16th June 2017
Please send completed application forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the school at the above address.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Linden Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.