In the residential department, we will offer our young people rewarding and enjoyable experiences, in a caring and supportive environment. We will provide opportunities for learning and sharing, to extend their education, and make a positive difference to their lives.
Our Residential Statement of Principles
- A young person centred approach, based on meeting individual needs and maximising potential.
- A full and rich 24 hour curriculum that supports learning and encourages personal development
- A caring environment where individuality is respected and diversity celebrated.
- A homely setting with an experienced team of staff, who are dedicated to understanding and meeting the needs of each young person.
- Working partnerships with families and other professionals to ensure a holistic approach to each young person.
- A safe supportive atmosphere where consistency and boundaries help enable young people to make good choices.
- A range of experiences and activities that develop well- being, communication, independence and achievement.
- Opportunities to develop real world knowledge and skills for life.
- Opportunities to access the wider community.
- Preparation for ‘next steps’ in young people’s lives.
Our latest inspection was held in March 2018. I am pleased to say that we received an overall grading of Outstanding. The full report is attached below.
You can find out more about OFSTED by visiting