- to Linden Bridge
Linden Bridge is part of the LIFT Partnership Multi Academy Trust. We are Special School in Worcester Park, Surrey for approximately 130 children and young people with complex social communication needs catering for children aged 4 to 19 years. At Linden Bridge we provide effective specialist education and support to pupils with autism and to their families, enabling pupils to achieve their full potential in education and in life.
Within the school grounds our pupils have access to lots of outside space, including play equipment, covered play areas, gardens and outside gym equipment. We also have an indoor swimming pool and 3 school minibuses which are in regular use by the pupils.
We have a small Residential Department with 16 beds in which pupils can Board during term time only.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
We are currently looking for a reliable person with a ‘can-do’ attitude to fill the post of Premises Assistant to help us maintain the school and its grounds, including the indoor swimming pool.
Working alongside the Premises Manager, the role involves ensuring the school, school grounds and other facilities are maintained to a high standard. Regular tasks include:
Previous DIY experience and knowledge of basic building maintenance would be an advantage.
This is a permanent role for
Surrey Pay Grade 4 £18,698
Monday 27th April 2020
Interviews week commencing: 4th May 2020
From September we are looking for a class teacher to work with our semi formal learners. Our semi-formal learners are the Linden Bridge pupils who need a different educational approach because they have specific learning needs that need to be supported alongside support for their autism. We will consider full and part-time applicants.
We are looking for a teacher who can demonstrate:
• The desire to understand more about of the learning styles of pupils with autism / communication difficulties
• The desire to learn how to support pupils in their social communication and emotional regulation
• A creative approach to best support our semi-formal learners
And in return we will offer:
• A detailed induction package supported by a mentor, and extensive CPD opportunities, including NPQML and Masters qualifications
• The opportunity to become part of a friendly, supportive team, that believes strongly in looking after each other’s wellbeing. This includes free parking, access to EAP and an exciting choice of wellbeing activities
• Small class sizes with skilful support staff and access to support from therapists
• Air conditioned staff room, with free refreshments and school lunch
• A strong commitment from the SLT to ensure teachers maintain a good work/life balance
• Opportunities to go through the Upper Pay Scale at any point in your teaching career
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: MPS plus SEN1 (Fringe)
Contract: Full time and permanent
Special Needs Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic Special Needs Assistant who is able to work in class alongside a teacher and Teaching Assistant where there is an identified need for additional pupil support.
We are looking for a person who will act as a positive role model to our students and who, under direction of the class teacher, is able to support our pupil's in their progress and learning using specialised SEN strategies across the school.
Previous experience in this field is an advantage but is not a requirement as we offer a comprehensive induction and training package to all new employees.
Salary: PS3.1 £11,971 (FTE £17,316)
Contract: Term time only, Fixed Term to August 2020
Hours: 29.5 hours per week, 38.6 weeks per year (9am-3.20pm for 4 days of the week and 8.45am-3.20pm 1 day of the week to attend a team meeting)
Start Date: as soon as possible
How To Apply:
To apply for any of the above posts please download and complete the relevant application form and return it to Sarah Long, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Linden Bridge School, Grafton Road, Worcester Park, KT4 7JW.