We are committed to support and training across our Community partnerships to improve outcomes for young people with ASD, both in and beyond our school.
We are part of the SEND Teaching School Alliance and are looking to extend our CPD offer to support professionals from across a range of schools, settings and services.
We aim to offer a wide variety of training with a very practical approach. It is very important to us that everyone who attends training takes away ideas they can start using that very day.
The autism specialists can assist on a whole school basis too, by arranging INSET Training about a range of issues - from a general overview of autism to an insight into a specific interventions, such as TEACCH.
Once per month we run a half-day training session for teachers and learning support assistants, at Linden Bridge School. The training is certificated through the DFE Autism Education Trust (AET)
Making Sense of Autism
We offer Autism awareness training for teaching or non-teaching staff within any education setting to further develop understanding of autism in their role (including office staff; governors; caretakers; drivers and escorts).
Outreach training includes:
· Monthly Autism Education Trust training mornings
· Autism Education Trust Levels 1,2 & 3
· Implementing structured teaching day course
· Structured teaching approaches for adults with autism
· Stuctured teaching approaches for residential / care settings
· Behaviour management of children with autism
· Elklan Communication Course
· Parenting Courses - Early Bird Plus and Cygnet Training (see Parent Support section)
We host learning walks for professionals and welcome local, national and international visitors to the school. We have hosted visits for Professionals from Greece via Europass link projects.
We provide SEN experience placements for trainee Teachers.
If you want to discuss your training needs further please contact Vicky Jones by email at: